Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

 polka dot gift box cake
(Click the pic to find more work by sweetangeldelights)

This is the month of the Scorpio!...so a little bit more about me...I just turned the big 3-0 a week ago and taking a whole new path in life that I had no idea I'd be on. I didn't have the best of childhoods and surely didn't give myself a chance to enjoy my twenties. I was too busy appeasing the masses by doing what everyone else thought was right and good. We all have to learn that what looks good on paper isn't always good...as they say, “Everything that glitters ain't gold.” I stayed in a relationship for 10+ years that both of us knew wasn't right for a long time and worked a job that made me need to see a shrink and I had to come to a realization that I had to take care of me and let go of the things that were no longer good for me. You are no good to take care of anyone else unless you are taking care of you first. This year a lot of changes were made. I took a step out on faith and laid all of my troubles down. I had to fight through the bad advice of family and friends and had to endure the comments of naysayers. It's funny how other people always think that they know what's right for you but now, in my life, I'm taking care of me and I have never been happier and the people around me are better off for it. Yes, I started all the way over but now I no longer have to worry about my children living in an environment that is not right for them. I have started a new career that is rewarding and fulfilling and now in the process of unfolding a few more tricks out of my sleeves full of things and business ventures that I have always wanted to engage in in the past. I'm excited and I have a whole new motivation in life. My thirties definitely look a whole lot better than the years before. Happy Birthday Scorpios! Find your happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment